Total Pageviews

Saturday, 10 June 2017

Day 2195 - No reply!

Any thoughts that I may have had of avoiding the news yesterday morning quickly disappeared as my Twitter feed started to fill with comments from Labour supporters who were very excited that Terrible Theresa had been humiliated at the polls by good old Jezza.



The excitement turned out to be nothing more than false hope, because although the Tory party lost 13 seats; which meant that they didn't have an overall majority, Muddler Theresa quickly did a deal with the bigoted Irish party, the DUP, and formed a Government before luncheon. What is more, despite all the media and the Labour supporters crowing how it had been a disaster for the Tories, their percentage of the overall vote actually INCREASED, which means that worryingly, they have become more popular with the British electorate than ever. The likes of Owen Jones don't seem to have realised this, they are only seeing what they want to see.

The whole British media and public are misreading the result of the General Dejection, because they seem to think the writing is on the wall for the Tories, but all that has actually happened is that the UKIP vote fell apart - which was obviously going to happen, as their job has been completed - and those who voted UKIP IN 2015, returned to the traditional parties of Labour and Conservative - particularly Labour in the north of England. We also saw some Londoners who are annoyed that Brexit is happening switch to Labour, but the likes of Zac Goldsmith got back in, so it all balanced itself out. Effectively, NOTHING has changed - even the cabinet is exactly as it was before.

Image result for theresa may

So then, as we were. Back to Moz.

Yesterday evening, Morrissey (as Morfessa) made his first appearance in the public bar of The Wrong Arms since May 27, as he came to give his take on the result of the General Election. I wasn't present, as yesterday evening I was stood in a field watching the Kaiser Chiefs, Alison Moyet and The Pretenders - all of whom were really very good. Morfessa posted three tweets:

"Diabetes Abbott was Corbyn's fatal mistake."

"Freezer May had her get out of jail free card all along. Hashtag DUPCoalition"

"First the banks controlled the government. Now the media controls the government. Keep voting until the minority get their way."

Morrissey shares my dislike of the dreadfully inept Hackney MP, Diane Abbot, but her constituents obviously love her because despite all her gaffes, she was re-elected with a huge majority. She certainly doesn't help the overall Labour cause, but in reality, as much as I like Jeremy Corbyn, he too will never appeal to enough people to ever become Prime Minister.

Diane Abbott, Labour's shadow home secretary
DIABETES ABBOTT - ALWAYS GOES OFF 'SICK' AFTER A GAFFE

Although yesterday was Morfessa's first appearance in the public bar for a fortnight, I did have a brief exchange with her on Thursday afternoon in the Ladies Room:

ME: Did you have a choice of Sanctuary owned labels? If so, what made you choose Trojan particularly?

MORFESSA: No reply! (A reference to my blog entry of Thursday - As Eric Morecambe used to say, "I suppose you think that's funny?")

ME: B*****d! Our relationship is so one sided. I give and I give and I give and I give.

MORFESSA: I've given you much more.

ME: I guess I can't argue with that.... I owe you so much... can I pay in monthly instalments? Anyway, let me try again, why Trojan?

MORFESSA: Why not?

I shall now give up on the label front!

Morfessa returned to the Ladies Room a little later and tweeted:

"Strange how the Facebook account is acceptable. Perhaps it'll close like a Twitter account."

I replied, "People would think that it was fake after all, and that you'd had it shut down."

I don't imagine for one minute that the Facebook account will close. It has now taken over from True-To-You.

And whilst on the subject of True-To-You, Morrissey's nephew Sam has posted a mocked-up poster on his Instagram account of a Morrissey concert at the Hollywood Bowl on November 10th. No one seems to know if this is real or fake news. The fact that True-To-You is written on the poster would tend to suggest it is fake, but who knows! It's certainly getting the LA Mexicans excited.




Back to Morfessa. I had another brief encounter in that Ladies Room of The Wrong Arms yesterday evening:

MORFESSA: Do you still believe everything you read?

ME: ?.... What are you referring to?

MORFESSA: Everything you don't read.

ME: I don't understand your riddles. You're going to have to spell it out to me.

There has so far been no reply!




MORRISSEY IN ROME.... HEADING TO THE WRONG ARMS


And finally, a very youthful looking, slimmed down, Boz Boorer has posted a photo on his Instagram account of himself inside the Forum Music Village recording studio in Rome, holding a photo of a new Queen is Dead 12 inch single, which is apparently being released as an HMV exclusive this coming Friday. No Smiths singles for 25 years and then we get two in two months. Lovely.

40211_boz_tqid.jpg


*Goes off singing* This happened once before, when I came to your door, no reply, they said it wasn't you, but I saw you peep through your window.... farewell to this land's cheerless marshes, hemmed in like a boar between arches...

11 comments:

  1. It seems as though you should be wary of anyone in politics named Abbott. #MadMonk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this LA Mexican, I was chatting just yesterday with a Moz acquaintance about these things. They said they were unsure if the FB account could be trusted. I asked "What do you think, you personally withoutanyone elses imput what do you think?" They answered that TTY was the source for true news but FB has been in use lately, I said, "but didnt he deny the FB was his official page anyway?"..."but there are new news posts there all the time"  I stopped and thought hmm Is that what I sounded like when I was raving that M was on twitter?  About the Hollywood Bowl, I know now what it's like to not be happy and to not be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gutted about Adam West i think TTY will spring in to action for a statement Jaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusty spring or spanner, perhaps you might greet our shores with a copy of that smashing new TQID single to cheer us up. Ta

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Moz is looking fit & well out & about in Rome.
    My anticipation for the new album is growing wildly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This happened once before, when I came to your door, no reply". Ah, one of the first LPs I bought back in my youth. I wonder if Johnny had to call around more than once before he found the young Moz at home and willing to receive visitor(s). It is a very good record.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whether or not the Hollywood Bowl date is actually happening, something is certainly afoot, so how long must we wait until an announcement is made? The anticipation builds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ratty dear, election after election nothing can change! Why we have to vote? Rethoric question! Anyway this is non of our business! Lol! Morrissey is recording in Rome and he's truly busy, the band are going around in and out is the Forum and all is perfect! Thank you.πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In and out of the Forum.... oh🏊🏼πŸ₯‚

      Delete
  8. Diane Abbot is dumber than a box of bricks. And measurably so. Here's a recording of some Jaynie Baby nonsense. To help wipe Abbot's idiocy from our minds.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqL6GHPc7w

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive