Total Pageviews

Thursday, 8 June 2017

Day 2193 - Labels

Following on from the publication of yesterday's FTM, I received a surprise visit from Morfessa whilst I was in the ladies room of The Wrong Arms touching up my lippy. She tapped me on my shoulder - I only have the one - and said, "I believe I also mentioned "labels" to you." And then she was gone.

Image result for backstage drag queens

I scratched my head for a minute, wondering what Morfessa was referring to, and then scrolled back through my Twitter DM messages, where I found the answer.

On Sunday April 16th, Morfessa had contacted me with regard to the lack of comments on the exclusive FTM interview with Morrissey that I had published that day. Whilst we were conversing, Morfessa randomly threw in a mention of "labels". It was completely out of context with the conversation, and made no sense. I guess I now know that it was a hint that Morrissey had a new record label. Here is the transcript of that DM conversation:

MORFESSA: Only three comments. Why do we bother? All accounts shall close if there are not 50 comments by tomorrow.

ME: I just don't understand what is wrong with people.

MORFESSA: Labels. They instantly label themselves talking to myself.

ME: ?

MORFESSA: (No reply)

ME: You talk in riddles. Are there ongoing talks with a label? Please say there is, don't say there's not...

MORFESSA: Pardon?

ME: Eh?

MORFESSA: (No reply)

ME: What do you mean that someone labels themselves by talking to you?

MORFESSA: (No reply)

Image result for trojan record label

I have nothing else to add today, except to mention that Italy usually ranks at Number 10 for the number of hits on FTM, but it is currently Number 4. I guess the only explanation is that Romina has been reading through old FTM classics!

WEDNESDAY'S FTM TOP 10 FOR VIEWS:

1. USA
2. UK
3. Germany (Hi Chuck.... let it go!)
4. Italy
5. Netherlands (Hi Inge... yes, it really IS him... still!)
6. Ireland (Hi JG & Banjaxer)
7. Indonesia (Hi Yuna... who's not a man)
8. Japan
9. Poland
10. Australia (Is harps banned?)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ratty, sincerely I have to say I read your post just one time, I wish I could have the joy of reading your funny blog and your past entries more than one time a day, but sadly it's no possible! I'm a busy mum and you know it๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know M is still popping by.
    I hope all is going well in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a look at the Trojan Records website, when the Trojan pic was first posted. There was an artists tab, with a number of artists pics, including Morrissey. Looking at the Trojan website now, it seems to have been updated with no Morrissey. Anyone else notice this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ratty, I thought I was solely responsible for your boosted Irish readership, I didn't realise Banjaxer was hovering outside my window reading over my shoulder (one of three which I have, I must have your missing one). I must grab a torch now and go to look for him, the scamp. I may be a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello JG, nice to see you here rambling as usual.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive